after some frustration revolving around decreases not slanting correctly, i have once again picked up the needles. i guess i wasn’t twisting the stitches right on my ssks, but whatever bad habit i picked up seems to have resolved itself during my brief hiatus.
continuing work on the doll for now, one wing completed and one about half done. they are cute. then i need to redesign and knit her top since the original one started riding up once i got it off the needles. i mean, i want her to be a sexy fairy but she doesn’t have to be the fairy queen of the hoochie mamas or anything.
there were a few other ideas that i had for her as far as detailing is concerned, but i am unhappy with the amount of hair i gave her – far too much for her neck to support – which pisses me off and makes me just want to finish her already. with the right doll stand i should be able to make her look alright, but she won’t ever really be a doll that a kid can play with. not with that giagantic bowling ball head.
can’t decide what color to make her top… will probably just go with more yellow.
maybe i will embroider on the three dogs of the house clegane on it too in that case. heh heh heh.